After School Care Program
K-8 after school care is offered on site at SJGS by YMCA of Greater Michiana. Under adult supervision, children in “Y-Club” participate in exciting, age-appropriate activities and will experience a variety of programs that promote physical activity, nutrition habits, and social responsibility, as well as provide opportunities for homework. We are grateful to work with the experienced staff at YMCA to provide this licensed, top-quality, enriching program for our children at SJGS.
There will be some noteworthy changes for families:
- Y-Club will provides after school care until 6:00pm each school day, including early release days. Snack is provided.
- After care pick-up is at Door 2 on Hill Street. Ring the doorbell and staff will come to the door to check ID before releasing your child(ren).
- Registration for Y-Club will be by week and rates are charged per week no matter how many days you plan to have your child(ren) attend.
- For standard weeks, the cost is $55/child per week.
- For weeks with less than five school days, the rate will be slightly lower. Full weeks that include an early release day will be slightly higher.
- Families may register at any point prior to or during the week they wish their child(ren) to attend, but the weekly rate will be charged regardless.
- The YMCA offers financial assistance for those who qualify. Please see the registration page linked below for more information.
- Y-Club is also available during school breaks at the YMCA O’Brien Center (registration is handled separately from SJGS after care).
Questions? Contact Maycie Wise at (574) 299-3482 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration may also be completed in person at the YMCA O’Brien Center at 321 E. Walter St. in South Bend.