November 28, 2014
Saint Joseph Families,
I sit in disbelief that this school year has gone by so quickly. It is the first night of parent teacher conferences and I watch parents coming and going, stopping occasionally to say how well their conferences have gone or to wish those in the office a Happy Thanksgiving. These times are among the many times that I realize how blessed I am to be in this place. No matter how the day has gone, with its ups and downs, I always walk away each evening feeling good about the work we are doing, and continue to do, to foster the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical and social development of the children we serve. Thank you to the many parents who responded to our survey the last couple of weeks as those results will be used to look objectively at what we are doing and what we hope to do as a faith community. Once we have compiled the information we will report on the results.
Gentle reminders - Dropping off and picking up children
I continue to be concerned about, as are some of our families, unsafe practices at drop off and pick up.
• Parking on the west side of St. Louis – this is a NO parking area in the morning and at the end of the day
– cars are still parking on that side of the street. Parked vehicles make it difficult for cars traveling north to see if there are children nearing the street.
• Students who are being picked up in the parking area at the Ackles Center
– cars going too fast and children darting across not watching for oncoming traffic. Please come across to assist your child in making this connection or, better yet, please use the car wash for drop off and pick up. There is a crossing guard on that corner every day that will assist your child in crossing safely.
• Cars are making left turns onto Colfax at dismissal; this is “right turn” only.
• Parking on Hill Street – please do not park and leave your car on Hill Street
as it makes it difficult to safely unload children who are still being dropped off in the morning. If you want to attend Mass on Wednesday with the children please use the car wash lot.
God bless all of our families,