April 1, 2015
Saint Joseph Families,
April is just around the corner as I write my monthly newsletter, and we have actually managed to go a full week without snow. I am sure that you, too, are hoping we have started spring-like weather.
This Thursday afternoon we will meet in our Family Groups and participate in the special ritual meal celebrating God’s deliverance of our ancestors in faith from slavery in Egypt to freedom in the Promised Land and God’s continued blessings and grace. This is the meal that Jesus celebrated with his apostles the night before he died, Holy Thursday, which we remember today. Afterwards, we will walk in Family Groups to St. Vincent de Paul and deliver the many contributions Family Groups brought to give to those who benefit from the resources at St.Vincent. It is a lovely way to finish the week as we begin Holy Week and preparing for the Risen Christ on Easter.
• Bicycles: Please make sure that children riding bicycles have locks so that they are safe when they leave them outside. I would also like to remind parents to tell students to enter the parking lot from St. Louis if riding bikes. There are some definite “blind spots” for cars when they enter from LaSalle.
• April Hot Lunch: Please check the April calendar for specifics on hot lunch opportunities. There was a mistake in dates on the April order form, so keep in mind that chicken Nugget Day is the 20th and Subway the 27th.
• Early Dismissal: The previously scheduled early dismissal day on April 28th will now be a full day and we will have After Care.
• Last Day of School: Snow days have pushed the last day of school to June 10th. Please watch the school website and the monthly calendars for updated information on dismissal and the final school mass.
• Scrip: The due date for technology fees, HASA fees, and Burger King Coupon purchases for 2014-15 is March 31st. Starting April 1st, all purchases will be assigned to the new school year. Families will be contacted concerning outstanding obligations.
• Registration for the new school year will take place in April. Families will be notified concerning tuition for the new year and assigned dates for registration.
May all of our families have a blessed Holy Week and a joyous Easter. We will see you on April 13th.