Clothing, Shoes, and Physical Education Clothes
The administration and staff reserve the right to evaluate each uniform/grooming/accessory situation and choose the appropriate action for students not complying with the stated policy.
Clothing/Shoes/Physical Education Clothes
· Appropriate shirt colors are light blue, navy and white.
· Boys and Girls may wear plain, unadorned light blue, white or navy collared shirts.
· Boys and Girls may also wear uniform shirts with a St Joseph School emblem purchased from the Athletic Association.
· Boys and Girls may also wear a plain white turtleneck.
· No ruffles, piping, embroidery or emblems are allowed. Except for the authorized uniform shirt, all shirts must be plain and unadorned.
· Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
· If an undershirt is worn, it must be plain white.
Pants and Shorts:
· Appropriate pant and short colors are navy blue or khaki tan.
· Appropriate pant and short materials are cotton or cotton blend. No knit or fleece or denim material.
· Navy corduroy pants are permitted. Tan corduroy pants are not permitted.
· Pants must be plain front or pleated. No cargo pants or shorts are permitted.
· All pants and shorts must be plain; no emblems, studs, embroidery, extra pockets or other embellishments are allowed.
· Girls’ pants are to be worn no lower than 2 inches below the natural waist. No hip hugger, low riders or slits on pant legs.
· Boys’ pants must be worn at natural waist.
· Shorts may be worn in August, September, May and June only.
· Shorts must be “walking” shorts.
· Skorts or culottes are considered skirts. Girls may not wear khaki skorts or culottes.
Skirts and Jumpers:
· Girls may wear navy skirts or plaid skirts or plaid jumpers.
· The plaid skirt, plaid skort, and plaid jumper may be ordered from Lands End in Navy/Evergreen.
· Skirts may not be shorter than two inches above the knee.
· Skirts may not be rolled.
· Solid navy jumpers are not permitted.
· Appropriate sweater colors are hunter green or navy blue.
· Boys and Girls may wear cardigans, crew neck or v-neck sweaters or sweater vests.
· Sweaters must have an appropriate collared shirt underneath.
· Sweaters must be plain cotton or cotton-blend. No fleece or ribbed materials or design permitted.
· Boys and Girls may wear the uniform sweatshirt or the crew neck navy blue sweatshirt with St Joseph School emblem.
· The uniform sweatshirt may be ordered through the uniform company. The crew neck navy blue sweatshirt with St Joseph School emblem may be purchased from the Athletic Association.
· St Joseph Spirit Wear, including the half zip fleece sweatshirts, wind pants, hooded sweatshirt, and other non-uniform articles of clothing, may not be worn in class.
· Girls’ shoes may be solid tan, brown, black or navy saddle, mary jane styles, loafers, or ballet flats.
· Heels may not exceed one inch.
· Sandals or open toe shoes are not permitted.
· No shoes with wheels or boots for outdoor wear are permitted in school.
· Boys’ shoes may be solid tan, brown, black or navy hiker shoes, loafers, mocs or dress shoe styles.
· Boys and Girls may also wear lace up or Velcro athletic shoes. No slip-on rubber soled shoes are permitted.
· Socks or tights must be worn with all shoe wear and must be clearly visible.
· Girls may wear solid white, tan, brown, black, navy or hunter green socks or tights.
· Boys may wear white or tan, brown, black or navy socks.
· Students in grades four through eight will change for gym.
· The gym uniform is mandatory and no other gym clothes are permitted.
· Appropriate athletic shoes must be worn. No slip-on rubber soled shoes are permitted.
· Gym clothing is permitted during gym periods only.
· Students are responsible for bringing the gym uniform for gym; parents and guardians will NOT be called if your student is unprepared for gym.
· Boys and Girls in grades six through eight must wear solid color black or brown belts with pants or shorts.
· No more than two ear piercings per ear for girls and no earrings for boys are permitted.
· Post earrings are preferred; dangling earrings must be a reasonable length.
· Boys’ and Girls’ jewelry must be appropriate for school and may not be distracting. Girls’ jewelry must be limited to a maximum of two bracelets and one necklace.
· Hair must be clean, combed and of an appropriate length above the eye.
· Cell phones must be turned off and remain in backpacks during school and while on school property.